Bamboo flooring is built for sustainability and durability to last a lifetime.
Bamboo is a natural, highly renewable resource growing to maturity in only three to five years. It is an ecologically-friendly flooring option which can help reduce global warming and dependence on dwindling timber resources.
Bamboo flooring materials are manufactured to be:
- Extremely strong and hard.
- Easy to maintain and are able to be refinished, if over time, they become marred or discolored.
- Stylish in a variety of natural colors, and can take the “wear and tear” of everyday life.
Come visit our Sarasota or Bradenton showroom to see all of today's best options or call us to schedule your free flooring estimate and shop at home!
- Easy to clean.
- Ideal for allergy sufferers as it does not promote dust or harbor dust mites.
- An inexpensive alternative to hardwood flooring, usually costing 25% to 50% less than hardwood.
- Bamboo flooring can be installed over numerous types of sub-floors such as: wood, sheathing grade plywood, vinyl tile, or Oriented Strand Board.
- Environmentally friendly. Uses a quickly renewable crop. Made with safe resins, has extremely low formaldehyde emissions and makes an excellent floors for healthy homes.
- In order to maximize the durability and beauty of your bamboo flooring, the following practices are recommended as part of your floor’s normal care and maintenance.
- Place doormats or rugs at entrances to collect moisture, sand, grit and other potentially damaging substances from being tracked onto your bamboo floor.
- Dust mop or vacuum with a soft accessory to keep your bamboo floor clean from dust, dirt or grit. Bamboo flooring cleans easily with a Swiffer or similar type dry mop.
- For sticky spots, use a soft damp cloth to gently scrub the floor. If necessary, use a generic hardwood floor cleaner. Do not use steel wool or other abrasive scouring pads.
- Do not use harsh detergents, abrasive cleansers, or corrosive chemicals to clean your bamboo floor.
- Avoid excessive water. Use mats in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room to protect against spills. If a spill occurs, blot it up immediately with a dry cloth or slightly damp mop.
- Use only colorfast and non-scratch carpeting or pads on your bamboo floor.
- Protect the floor from furniture legs and do not walk on the floor with high-heeled shoes.
- Although most bamboo flooring has effective UV inhibitors in its pre-finish, it is recommended that it not be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods.