Carpeting adds comfort and warmth to any room in the house. There are many options to choose from in selecting carpet flooring. Cost and color are important factors as well as understanding construction and style attributes.
Loop Pile Carpet has dense, looped strands of carpet fibers. Level loop (Berber) is a very durable low profile style that is ideal for high-traffic areas. Multi-level loops have varying heights to give carpet a patterned texture.
Cut Pile Carpet has had the looped strands cut creating two separate carpet fiber tufts. It tends to be softer than loop pile and is offered in several types:
- Plush/Velvet has an even, smooth texture with a formal appearance – can show vacuum marks.
- Saxony has a smooth finish with longer twisted fibers for more body – footprints can linger.
- Textured has fibers of uneven lengths with more twist to create a less formal look and rougher surface texture.
- Frieze and Shag carpet has long, twisted fibers for a comfortable, casual look and feel.
Cut and Loop Pile Carpet has both cut pile and loop pile fibers, combining the best qualities of both, and creating a wide range of patterns.
Create simple, modern or upscale looks with a loop, pattern or twist style carpet.
Come visit our Sarasota or Bradenton showroom to find an option to fit your lifestyle!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Follow these simple tips to keep your carpet’s color and texture looking fresh.
- Vacuum your carpet regularly to prevent soil from embedding itself in the pile. Depending on the type of carpet you have, you’ll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar, or suction only.
- Keeping traffic and other use factors in mind, consider professional cleaning every 12 to18 months. Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags. Don’t pull on them—you might damage the carpet.
- If your carpet is burned, simply remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is extensive, you may need to patch or replace it.
- Remove heavy furniture dents by stroking the dented area with the edge of a coin. You can also use a hair dryer or a steam iron, but be very careful not to touch the carpet with the iron.
- For extensive water damage, consult professional cleaners to dry your carpet from the front and back, as well as the carpet padding.
6222 Tower Lane, Unit A3
Sarasota, FL 34240
Monday-Friday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm
Sunday: By Appointment
5133 53rd Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34203
Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday: By Appointment
Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, Bradenton, Venice, Parrish, North Port, Longboat Key, Anna Maria Island & Surrounding Area